While I have been cooking in my Instant Pot since November of last year, I feel like such a noob. When I say I’ve been cooking in my pot- I think I’ve used the stove just to boil things or to heat up stuff in the oven- OR to broil something I’ve cooked in my pot. Like, seriously you guys, I LOVE my Instant Pot. It hasn’t really moved off my stove top. I also have 2 regular inserts and one nonstick insert. I have the glass slow cooker lid and the silicone lid. I also have the handy silicone mitts and the silicone pot holder/mat. OBSESSED. No, I haven’t put on a decal- BUT, since I make decals- I’m sure that’s in the future.
Most of the time I will combine a bunch of recipes and make them my own. But lately, I have been experimenting with my own recipes. Like from scratch. Where I don’t have the little hand holding guidance that I get from the recipes of others.
I found myself last night scrambling to figure out cook times. Luckily there are so many “Pot” heads out there that I was able to decipher from their lovely charts. Thanks!
I’ve decided that I need to have these handy charts in one place. Plus- it would be nice for me to share- because sharing is caring. Below, you will find the links that I found to be most helpful when trying to figure out the cook times.
- This one is for those of you that do not have the specific “Instant Pot” brand. This is brought to you by FastCooking.ca
- This one is from one of my favorite recipe sites, Hip Cooking (Hip Pressure Cooking). It goes into lots of detail on filling guidelines, altitudes, stove top pressure cookers and… instant pot.
- This link is by Your Pressure Cooker. It is an easy to follow chart with a little bit of guidance included. Very to the point.
- Here, straight from the horse’s mouth, is the cooking time chart from Instant Pot.
Here’s the PDF if you want to download/print.
- Last but not least, is the sultan of swat err …’pots’, the easiest of all charts- by One Good Thing, Jillee (PDF Version to print)Image Version for your phone. And see below. 😉
I hope this helps you all!